Friday, May 7, 2010

Paradise Ducks


"Pairs remain together from year to year, returning to the same nesting area."
"
Paradise Shelducks form long-term pair bonds, often lasting for life."

Over the past few years, there have been a pair of Paradise Ducks that I have driven past... year after year.

Today on my way to visit a friend (who is FINALLY back from London... yay, life can return to what I know as 'normal') and I always see the ducks on the way there. Today they weren't there. I found that somewhat unsettling, because I became a little attached to them.

How amazing would it be to go through life with someone else from the same species; same build, same characteristics...

It doesn't seem that hard so how come barely anyone can do it apart from ducks?

I would LOVE to find my mate and settle down. But I think my idea of settling down is far different to others ideas.

All I have striven for in life is love and happiness.. Yet people think I'm as volatile as a canetoad. Should I dye my hair blonde, tie it in plaits, wear gingham and kiss ass? Nah, I'd rather keep my dark hair, respect those who deserve it, love myself and my baby, stay happy and KICK ass (not everyones...only those whos asses deserve kicking;) ).

I haven't hurt anyone up until now. And it's a bit unfair that the person I'm talking about has been hurting me for almost 2 years. It's irrelevant, and completely in the past. But it sort of sits in my mind sometimes and I can't help that.

I'm far too tired to be writing, I've only had 6 hours sleep and been out all day.

Attached a pic of two gorgeous paradise duckies... Ahhh the simple life; nothing like swimming in your own filth!

I have reflux; I think milk is a good quick fix for it. Will try it ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment