You were my black, when everything was white.
You stole my days from under me and turned them all to nights.
You tore me down by starting them but never finishing fights,
And holding my heart in your hands was all that felt alright.
This pain isn't new; I'm struggling to breathe,
But down here on my knees...
I find my religion, and pray for release.
Your words are just air, and your lungs are too tight,
Something has cracked and there's a flickering of white.
But sadness consumes me, as it does in its way,
It protects me and warms me on the coldest of days.
I choose to survive, to be happy and 'fine',
I tell sadness to leave, "Today's only mine."
I offer my soul, as tired as it is,
But you turn it away with a bite and a hiss.
No, "Sorry" isn't enough, you know this by now,
Yet the games continue, as the pain makes me howl.
The howls turn to 'why?'s, the questions to cries,
The pain, still as sharp, is lessened by your lies.
The memories aren't balanced, bad wins every time...
You're a wild cat, untameable,
An anchor-less yacht.
And as I prayed for love, for me, tonight; for you I simply forgot.
No comments:
Post a Comment